Monday, March 15, 2010

The Ultimate Narcissism

Psychologists (alleged "practitioners" whom I hold in quite dubious regard due to page 51 of the DSM-IV) have often described suicide as a 'cry for help'.

I ain't buyin' what they're sellin'.

What it really is is a declaration of "I don't give a rat's ass about how finding my body or watching me blow my brains out or splatter myself on the concrete fifty stories down will utterly traumatize another human being for life."

The complete stranger who took out a pistol and blew his brains out last week right in front of my daughter certainly didn't care. But you can bet your ass that my daughter is going to remember it for the rest of her life.

I know how callous this reads. But I have seen enough proof of who really gets hurt by a suicide attempt to know that the real victims are not the suicides, but rather the people who have to go on with the memory of what was done to them by the suicide- whether successful or not.

I care about those victims. I have no sympathy for a person who thinks so little of others that they would scar them for life.

So if you're thinking about ending your life, at least have the courtesy of doing it in a manner in which nobody will have to (a) see it, or (b)ever find your sorry, selfish, narcissistic ass.